Friday, February 26, 2010

Unemployed men in the Triangle are excited for a night out!

After the News & Observer article ran on the front page on Wednesday, we have had an overwhelming response from unemployed men in the Triangle seeking a fun night out away from their troubles and stress with friends or family. Here are some touching testimonials from some men who have shared their stories with us:

"I have been laid off twice in 18 months by different construction companies. It has put a burden on everyone in my family."

"Being laid off has stopped all spending on anything not necessary. Going to the theatre, concerts and movies definitely fall into that category. It would be wonderful to "get away" even for a couple of hours."

"The decline in construction has caused me to be out of work for 2 years. I've relocated to NC and now babysit for my granddaughter."

"I've lost my job due to a merger - my only jobs since the fall of 2009 were temporary. I've exhausted my unemployment and my girlfriend is struggling to keep paying our bills."

"I am in the construction industry and been unemployed since December 2008. My wife is now working three part time jobs and every month is a struggle to try to make ends meet."

"I work in the construction industry and have been unemployed for 2 years. I am married with 2 beautiful girls age 3 and 7. My wife is our only source of income and she has to drive 100 miles a day to get to work. We rarely do anything extra but have faith that God will provide for us."

We hope that these men and more will enjoy a night out and enjoy our production!

No comments: