Wednesday, May 27, 2009

More Than Meets the Eye

I have loved musical theatre ever since I was a little girl. Back in the day (circa 2000) I participated in STAS performances, took voice lessons from the fabulous Broadway veteran Ray Walker, and even appeared in a couple main stage productions here at NCT! My junior year of high school, I was able to experience theatre from a slightly different perspective as director of my school’s musical, The Sound of Music. It was my job to run rehearsals, come up with blocking, collaborate with musicians and tech crew, and even to help build the set. At that point, I thought I had seen just about every aspect of what it takes to bring a show to life. I was mistaken. There is sooooo much that has to happen not only backstage, but also even further behind the scenes, here in the NCT offices! 

Next time I take my seat in Memorial Auditorium, waiting for that magical moment when the lights dim and the music begins, I will think of all the amazing people I work with who made it possible! 

See you there!

-Carly Fleming

No comments: